What blogs might I follow that will help me be a more effective teacher of reading, writing, math, and social studies?
As a writer, what can I write that others will want to read?
As a teacher of writing, how can I use thinkquest as an effective way for students write and respond to the ideas of their peers?
What other digital writing tools can use to help students communicate and share their ideas?
I use Word, Powerpoint, Publisher and Kidspiration. Are those examples of digital writing?
If you want to check out my thinkquest website, let me know. I can add you as a student.
I would love to find some helpful, worthwhile blogs about teaching as well. I have a bunch of "just for fun" blogs that I check in with, and I get so much out of them personally. But I have not found any really good educational blogs. If you find any let me know! And please add me to your thinkquest site...I would love to digitally drop in on your class every once in a while :)
ReplyDeleteDear Janice,
ReplyDeleteYou are asking the practical questions. I hope we find answers we can use. I'm going to check out your thinkquest site, too.
I want to be wary that we don't turn tools into toys and that we don't throw our babies out with the bathwater. As Graves says in the video clip I posted, then you just write.
JoAnn
Thinkquest seems to have a lot of cool features for students but I can't see half of them. I'd love to be a guest on your Thinkquest site. I have a couple of blogs that I follow about reading. I'll add them to the resources on my blog.
ReplyDeleteIsa, Joann, and Debi,
ReplyDeleteI have added you to my class lists so that you may lurk around in my Think.com blog. I will email you your user names and passwords.
Janice
Janice,
ReplyDeleteIf possible, I too would love to be added to your thinkquest site to read around a bit.