Monday, September 21, 2009

My Blogging Experience

I have followed the blogs of a few friends: a pastor friend who shared experiences, wonderings, and musings; a niece who shared who European travels (in more detail than I cared to read), friends who blogged about their travels to China to adopt a 2-year-old boy (What a great keepsake for them!). It's a great tool for special events.

I followed a few professional blogs, but lost interest as I found that I would browse from 1 blog to another without learning much of anything. Wandering from blog to blog without purpose seems like wandering into a huge library, walking around, reading a paragraph from a book here, then a chapter from a book there...you can spend a lot of time, but without a clear purpose, it can be a time-eater.

Think.com is a blog that my fourth graders used last year. Viewing Zach's Think.com site last week in class inspired me to get going with it this year, beginning with reading response letters. See my response to HOT blogging article for an example of a well-written blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment