Sunday, October 25, 2009

Voice Thread

What a great tool! I plan to help my students make a Voice Thread next week after our field trip to Fort Snelling and the State Capitol. I'll take the photos, then they can work with partners to write a comment to go with each photo. Very motivating.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Janice,
    What a great teaching video you have made. Two years ago, friends of mine who do a lot of geocaching made a cache on the Creek Valley grounds for my students to find using their hand-held GPS. This year another fourth grade teacher suggested writing an Ed Fund grant for GPS's--perhaps we can get some and share among buildings? Geocaching is one of the four 'real world' uses of latitude and longitude. The others are air traffic control, hurricane tracking, and your car's GPS. (Fourth graders in Minnesota don't 'get' the idea of ship navigation very well).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your voice thread Janice! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun. My little guy Oliver would love this. And what a wonderful teaching tool this VoiceThread is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Voicethread, Janice! Your voice is just perfect. Yes, as the button I gave Mark on Facebook said, there is nothing like "using multi-million satellite systems to find Tupperware hidden in the woods!" They are everywhere... Checkout the Antartica geocache (GCZG1K) at geocaching.com!

    P.S. Should I send Mark daily coordinates of geocaches in France to entice him to take you there for your 25th anniversary?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! So have you visited that location on your final slide? I wouldn't mind heading there to geocache in say...Jan or Feb!

    I like how you use pauses and inflection during your story telling, it helps to draw in the audience.

    ReplyDelete