Saturday, October 3, 2009
Flickr slideshows are my new fave!
As we begin our MN geography and history unit, I've been thinking about how I might organize the unit around a "Travel through time" theme. After checking out Flickr slideshows, I'm excited about how we can use this tool (combined with Google Earth?) to "travel" around the state. Before we go on our field trip next month, I will show them Flickr slideshows of both Fort Snelling and the State Capitol. Then we can travel to the Duluth Harbor, the BWCA, State Parks, Historic sites... I wonder if each student might choose a historic or natural site and do a webpage or a slideshow with text...SO cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So are you thinking about doing a Flickr Slideshow for your project, or isn't that an option? Showing students the slideshows you have posted above is a great way to incorporate reading strategies into this digital realm we are becoming immersed in. Students can preview the trip and predict what they are going to learn. Could you check out some digital cameras from your school's library so students could take photos on the field trips? Then they could put together their own slideshow and summarize what was learned.
ReplyDeleteIf you want to do the Travel Through Time theme, it might be fun to read Time Cat as a read aloud.
It looks like your have your project completed with Flickr slideshow!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go!:)
Great reading strategies to do with this.
I would like to hear more about what you are doing with your class on this.
I love being able to check in and see what you are doing for the MN unit! I'd like to hear more about how you plan to use Flicker (in what type of presentation) OR do the students make a Flicker sideshow? Is it mainly photos or do they add text?
ReplyDeleteUsing Flickr side shows to whet the palette on historical/geographical topics sounds great!! What a creative use of the site. You could even have your students take photos while on the field trip and create their own Flickr slide shows.
ReplyDelete